The analyzer is constructed from anodized steel powder coated compact enclosure with special front bezel.
The window houses the digital LED display via 3 x 25mm characters for reading CO –CARBON MONOXIDE.
The rear features a water separator and 2 x replaceable clip on filters to sift the incoming exhaust emission flow.
The feed pipe is clamped to the exhaust tailpipe from the INTERNAL COMBUSTION PETROL /GASOLINE ENGINE of a vehicle.
The PUMP, PCB BOARD, COMPONENTS, DISPLAY, SENSOR HOUSING, and components are collectively mounted on the interior of the enclosure.
They are wired to exterior twin red /black cables for clamping to 12 volt car battery to operate the interior components.
Once connected, the analyzer will illuminate the red display. The unit is microprocessor controlled via PCB components.
The emission reaches the housed Rhodium wound element type sensor via the pump, external water separator and filters causing a 3 way filtration.
The sensor burns the emission exhaust due to the almost equal amount of hydrogen carbon monoxide equivalent found in exhaust emission from petrol/gasoline engines creating an extremely accurate calibrated, automatic reading of the emissions from the tested vehicle.
Calibrated laboratory gas mixture and infra-red analysis equivalent machines are used to obtain close to approved readings during testing.
The vehicle to be tested should ideally be at running temperature and driven to remove water condensate from the exhaust pipe. ONLY FOR USE ON VEHICLES WITH CARBURETTOR AND INJECTOR WITHOUT CATALYTIC CONVERTERS. Ensure no exhaust or tailpipe leaks are evident as it will grossly affect tested results.
1. Connect clamps to battery (or separate 12 volt supply) POLARITY NEED NOT BE OBSERVED AS UNIT IS POLARITY PROTECTED.
2. LED display will read 000. During the preheat 30second period the analyzer will go through AUTO ZERO SELF TEST PROGRAM MODE for 35 seconds until display settles at 0.00
3. IMPORTANT: DO NOT INSERT CLAMP PROBE IN EXHAUST TAILPIPE UNTIL 0.00 IS SETTLED.
4. Start vehicle to be tested.
5. Insert clamp into exhaust tailpipe carefully and take care not to fold heat resistant silicone pipe.
6. Take other end of tubing rolled out to 8metres and plug onto rear inlet brass tailpiece rear lower side of analyzer enclosure.
7. Observe reading on the LED display and do necessary/ desired adjustments according to vehicle specifications.